This civil ceremony makes your marriage legal in Mexico and Internationally. The wedding ceremony is usually performed as follows (25 min.):
- Vows and Ring exchange
Note: Ceremony cannot take place on Sunday.
Legal requirements for a civil wedding...
- Original and copy of Birth Certificates. Annotated (Apostil) and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language.
- Valid passports: original and copy
- Prenuptial Mexican clinical analyses of both parties for V.D.R.L., H.I.V. and R.H. Valid for 15 days.
Please Note results for clinical analyses should state negative. If one party shows positive in these results, authorization would be denied and civil services would NOT be allowed according to Mexican laws. We suggest you to have prior analyses done in your home country to make sure analyses’ results in Mexico will state negative.
- Original and copy of official ID (passport) for two witnesses per party
- Copy of legal immigration status (both parties and their 4 witnesses) - this is the visa you get upon arrival at the airport.
- Application and official oath of truthfulness.
Please Note: You and your witnesses will need to be in Mexico with a minimum of 5 working days.
IMPORTANT: Once your documents are accepted by the Civil Register Office, NO witnesses’ changes are allowed. In that case the wedding would be INVALID.
Once legally married, you will receive a certificate, but the legal act, called “Acta de Matrimonio”, will be sent to the capital of the state, Chetumal city, in order to be annotated. This will take 3-4months.
Wedding and Event Details